kitchen furniture, Interior Decorations, home design ideas, modern homes, luxury interior design Modern kitchen, Kitchen remodel

Powered by Blogger.

My Dream Home This Week: San Miguel Retreat.

Posted by lasta Monday, April 28, 2008

Happy Monday again! Today is a gorgeous day in Houston. We had a "cold front" come through, which means the air is crisp and fresh. If anyone has ever traveled here, you know crisp air is not easy to come by. The cool breezes remind me of trips I have taken to central Mexico, and make me wish I could go back. I've traveled to Mexico City and Guadalajara, and dream of visiting San Miguel de Allende. Recently, I have noticed more and more articles written about San Miguel as more people discover its beauty. Having said all that, I am enamored with this home in San Miguel that was remodeled by Bosworth Hoedemaker Architects.


The original structure consists of two rooms built right off the cobblestone streets. From there, a central courtyard and additional rooms were added on to the back and top of the rooms. The additions are very new, but they still maintain the tradition of the 18th century structure. I love this home because it reaches me deeply. My family is originally from Mexico, but I was born and raised in the U.S. When I was about 11 yrs. old, my sister and I traveled to Monterrey to visit some distant relatives. Although, Mexico is such a different place; I felt right at home. The vastly different way of living, really touched my soul. I have always thought, that if I had enough money, I would live there at least part time.
The tile bathrooms and kitchen are so amazing. I love the blue and white back splash. It is a traditional detail, but it still looks modern and fresh. So, anyone care to meet me there?













































Post a Comment