kitchen furniture, Interior Decorations, home design ideas, modern homes, luxury interior design Modern kitchen, Kitchen remodel

Powered by Blogger.

My Dream Home, This Week: Kelly Hoppen

Posted by lasta Monday, April 7, 2008

Let's do something a little different this week. I am including a few still shots of this week's dream home, but I am also including a link to a video of it. This week's home is that of another of my design heroes, Kelly Hoppen. I like to think of myself as an eclectic person and designer but, I bow down to Kelly's abilities to create eclectic interiors. Kelly's home is well chronicled in her current book called funny enough, "Kelly Hoppen Home: From Concept to Reality".
If you haven't seen this book, I recommend running out and getting it as soon as possible! Its fascinating and beautiful. I also love, that she goes into great detail about her approach to design.
I find I am drawn to anything with a very graphic quality. That quality is something this house has by the ton. The dark floors against the crisp white walls make a great backdrop for the hints of color used in the furnishings. Check out the bright yellow wingback in the first picture! I am excited that Marie Claire Maison has a short video of Kelly's home and an interview with her. I couldn't see a way of uploading the video directly to my blog, so there is a link to it below. Enjoy! (If you're wondering the interview is in English, but you can practice your French by reading the subtitles).

Post a Comment