kitchen furniture, Interior Decorations, home design ideas, modern homes, luxury interior design Modern kitchen, Kitchen remodel

Powered by Blogger.

Flickr Home-Mary Kate McDevitt

Posted by lasta Sunday, April 6, 2008

Hi everyone, I'm finally back! I had a pretty crazy weekend, including my trip to Round Top. I haven't downloaded all my pictures yet, so I will post them later in the week. In the meantime, I've been anxiously waiting to post the fun and funky home of Mary Kate McDevitt. I found this little gem, again while searching through Flickr. Mary Kate is an illustrator and graphic designer from Philadelphia. She lives in a fabulous loft, found inside an old sewing factory. The loft is filled with found objects, vintage furnishings, and accessories that she inherited. Mary Kate collects vintage shoe forms and displays them around the loft. I love the shoe form's patina and the their shape, when used in repetition.

The use of multiple textures and patinas is also an important element of this home. Mary Kate uses a lot of the textures in her illustrations. Check out her website here. Personally, I can never resist a house with whimsy and a sense of humor. I love the ceramic skull just staring out from the dresser...too funny!

I have to say, I am thoroughly impressed with how colorful and ORGANIZED this studio is. Mary Kate, if you are reading this; I would love to know if it always looks this neat or was it just for a picture? If it is always like this, I would love for you to help me with my study:)

Post a Comment