kitchen furniture, Interior Decorations, home design ideas, modern homes, luxury interior design Modern kitchen, Kitchen remodel

Powered by Blogger.

A Houston Girl Comes For a Visit, and I Get a Rude Welcoming.

Posted by lasta Friday, April 25, 2008

From Left to Right: Ronda (All the Best), Courtney (Inside the Loop), Joni (Cote de Texas), Paloma (La Dolce Vita)

Last night I got together with some of my Houston blog friends to welcome Ronda of "All the Best". Many of you may be familiar with her amazing blog, but may not know that she is originally from Houston. Ronda currently lives in Scotland, but makes an occasional visit home for some Texas sunshine and heat. We had a lot of fun swapping stories and sharing about our future plans. (Everyone had very interesting plans for the future). Ronda is very intelligent and charming, and I was so excited to meet her. The first question on my mind was, "Does she have a Texas accent or a Scottish one?" I was hoping for some new hybrid accent, but her accent is still quite Texas. I think we all felt right at home together. If you are wondering, I'm the the one on the left in the picture below....yeah, yeah, the "Four Eyes".

So, about the rude welcoming. It was not from the lovely ladies at dinner, but at my own house. I got home and as soon as I opened the door, I see my husband in the entry way with crossed arms and an angry look. I look around and there is no Liam to be found. "What happened?", I said. "We went on a tirade", Mark says. I take a couple of steps forward and see my sofa with black markings on the arm. "Oh no!", and then I see my little side table that had an alabaster top ,with no more top. There was only a sad little metal base sitting there. "How did this happen?", I asked. Mark said, "I dozed off for a bit while watching t.v." I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I mean I was gone for 3hrs, tops! "Oh, he wrote on the wood floor too," Mark said. While Mark was napping, Liam found a nice little Sharpie (black, of course) and proceeded to write on whatever he came across. Along the way tipping over my table and breaking the top into several pieces. I'm not even certain how that happened. Needless to say, Mark was pretty steamed and had already put Liam to bed. Of course as I walk down the hall, there is Liam peeking out of his door and comes running out when he sees me. I asked him if he wrote all over the furniture, and he said "I'm sorry Mama, it was an atsident" (his version of accident), " I love you Mama". I know he was trying to charm me, but I also know he felt bad. I gave him a speech about taking care of our things and so on and then sent him to bed. The funny thing is that bed time is usually a struggle, but last night he went right to bed without hesitation.
So, as far as I know there is no way to remove black marker from chenille fabric, right? I guess I will be coming up with some kind of arm covers. TODDLERS!

Post a Comment