kitchen furniture, Interior Decorations, home design ideas, modern homes, luxury interior design Modern kitchen, Kitchen remodel

Powered by Blogger.

Urban Market

Posted by lasta Monday, February 25, 2008

This past weekend I went to an outdoor antique fair called the Houston Urban Market. It consists of over 40 dealers from Houston and surrounding areas. Basically, its meant to be a place for antique dealers to come and sell some of their wares at "bargain" prices. I am not really convinced that they are bargain prices, but its still fun to go and look around. I don't even know how many people showed up...hundreds! By the way, if you plan on going be sure to wear comfortable shoes because you will walk a long distance just to park.
Love this very funky retro lamp. I tried to get the other Houston bloggers together, but was unable to. That's what I get for waiting so long to try and round everyone up. Maybe next time.



As I was scrolling through my pictures, I was reminded of my obsession with chairs. I mean, you would never know it but there were non-chair related items at the market. Actually, my favorite pieces were these amazing pillows. The patterns are embroidered by native people in Mexico...maybe that is why I like them so much.
P.S. I set up a Flickr account. I have more pictures of the market there.

Post a Comment