kitchen furniture, Interior Decorations, home design ideas, modern homes, luxury interior design Modern kitchen, Kitchen remodel

Powered by Blogger.

Creativity Doesn't Have To Be Complicated.

Posted by lasta Thursday, June 19, 2008

Point Click Home.
Not all creative displays have to be intricate and busy. The trick to making a room interesting without getting too complicated is, by adding one large and dramatic piece. Instead of filling the walls with lots of tiny knick-knacks, these rooms use a minimal amount of very bold pieces. Personally, I think bigger is almost always better, (Is this because I'm from Texas?)

This picture is from Thom Filicia. I've been obsessed with those giant gears, since the first time I saw them. They really make this room truly memorable. I also love Thom's use of very large artwork in the picture below. Its a great springboard for the rest of the room.


Finally, the king of drama in simplicity...Vicente Wolf. I know I've mentioned this before, but I love everything this man does! His work proves that a beautiful object, even if it is a simple one; can "make" a room. BTW, for all of you who live in small spaces; this design trick will still work. A small room gains importance when large scaled items are brought in.

Post a Comment