kitchen furniture, Interior Decorations, home design ideas, modern homes, luxury interior design Modern kitchen, Kitchen remodel

Powered by Blogger.

My Dream Home, This Week: Seven and Eight Home.

Posted by lasta Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy Monday! Last week went by so quickly! The other day, I clicked over to one of my favorite online stores, Seven and Eight Home. I discovered the store is temporarily off-line, but the home used to showcase their wares is displayed. The photographer or photographers, I'm not really sure; is Graham Atkins-Hughes. The house is called Location 78. I don't have too much more info. about it...I am not completely sure that it is actually a real home or just a set. Regardless, this dramatic moody house would suite me just fine.
Currently, one of my favorite design details is the use of ornate ceiling medallions. I especially love when they are used with contemporary light fixtures. I've been considering adding a detail like this to my bedroom. I would love to see such a beautiful detail, first thing in the morning!

The total absence of personal details, makes me think this is not a real home, but the simplicity of design is what I fantasize about! I wish I could live with a minimal amount of furniture and objects. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to do that yet. I realize most people don't want to live without furniture, but I think everyone can appreciate the beauty of this home, anyway.

Post a Comment