kitchen furniture, Interior Decorations, home design ideas, modern homes, luxury interior design Modern kitchen, Kitchen remodel

Powered by Blogger.

Color Palettes from Fashion.

Posted by lasta Thursday, February 28, 2008

(Link found from Uppercase Blog)

I'm not one to write about fashion, because I don't follow trends close enough to know what I'm talking about. Also, normally what I like has nothing to do with what is going on at the moment, (remember the "weird kid" label?) Despite that , I do like reading the Sartorialist; as many of you reading this do. I found a great blog called Wear Palettes. A graphic designer has taken on the amazing photos from the Sartorioalist and creates color palettes from the all the amazing outfits. Its fascinating. As I was scrolling through the photos, I couldn't help noticing small details that w/out the color palettes; I would have missed.

















Now I believe the blog is meant to inspire wardrobes, but I think it could be a spring board for interior palettes too. I have often read designers recommend styling a home the way you would style yourself, and I couldn't agree more. Many people are confused about what style they like for their home, but most people know what style and colors they like to wear. The subconscious is a funny thing...we usually seek out the same things over and over again. Personally, I love men's clothing. I like men's clothes because they are all about subtle details. Wonderful stitching, tailoring, and intriguing combinations of patterns and textiles. Also, men's clothing is more often made using natural fibers. All of those features are what I love to include in the decor of my home and projects I work on. I think we need to learn to trust our subconscious more. I included a few of my favorite palettes, that I think could be reinterpreted into a design scheme. Most of the palettes have lovely neutral colors that can be used as the foundational colors and very fun strong colors that can be used to give a little pop to a room.























Post a Comment