kitchen furniture, Interior Decorations, home design ideas, modern homes, luxury interior design Modern kitchen, Kitchen remodel

Powered by Blogger.

Why I Dream of Mid-Century Homes.

Posted by lasta Thursday, January 24, 2008

I am very surprised to realize that after several months of writing this blog, I haven't gone on and on about my love of all mid-century things. As a kid, I wore vintage clothes, shoes, jewelry, carried vintage purses, and even vintage hairstyles. (This doesn't seem like a big deal, but in the early 90's, in small town Texas, this was out of the ordinary). Anyway, now that I am an adult, my vintage dreams have moved on to larger things, like houses, and I love this house belonging to Jenny at Freckle Wonder .
Jenny has an online vintage clothing store and a blog that is too cute. Her home is a gorgeous mid-century ranch, that is filled with fun and colorful furnishings. I am especially envious of the closet full of vintage clothes, and color-coded no less!

The kind of detail found in this floor, is something you can never find in newer homes. It seems to me that architects and builders, during this time period; really pushed themselves to be creative.
I had to include some of the vintage clothing Jenny sells. They are so fun.

Post a Comment