kitchen furniture, Interior Decorations, home design ideas, modern homes, luxury interior design Modern kitchen, Kitchen remodel

Powered by Blogger.

An Unexpected Surprise...ahh, Two, actually Three.

Posted by lasta Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Well, this is a surprise gone wrong. Last week my sister called me to let me know she was giving me a couple of vintage chairs. She just moved to a smaller house and didn't have room for them. I was SO excited, because I've been lusting over these chairs for about 10yrs. I was making plans for great new upholstery, to update them. (Remember the leopard print craze?)

Here's where it goes wrong. My husband went to pick up the chairs, and some other furniture, in a large trailer. When my husband got home his first words were, "We lost a chair on the highway, it broke-up all over the place." WHAT!!!! I couldn't believe it. I waited so many years to have these chairs! What a tragedy. Well, I tried to deal with it, and thought "I can still use just one chair". So today, I decide to take some pictures of the chair to post. I didn't think I had enough light so I brought my beloved Pablo "Elise" lamp over. As I am walking over to the chair, I accidentally drop the base of the lamp on my porcelain tile. I was horrified! Not many things survive a fall on porcelain tile. Of course, I plugged it in and it will not turn on. This chair must be jinxed! I am hoping that a makeover will make it better. Needless to say, I am feeling quite flustered right now.

Post a Comment